Great blogs for web people
I run into a lot of great blogs and I thought I'd share some of them with you. Here's my pick of the bunch, blogs related to web design, web development, programming and social media.
Web design and inspiration
- Smashing Magazine
- Because Smashing is a great source for all things web design and inspiration.
- Think Vitamin
- Great web stuff from the Carsonified team.
- Inspect Element
- Because Tom Kenny is awesome at what he does and shares great things.
- Veerle's blog
- Veerle Pieters is certainly one of the greatest female web designers. A must read.
- 456 Berea Street
- Because Roger Johansson is one of the pioneers of web accessibility in modern time.
- Robert's talk
- Because Robert Nyman continues to engage, inspire and create what web developers want.
- Great links for light reading from the Sydney based web design bureau Max Design.
- CSS tricks
- Awesome CSS resource.
- Because here you'll find a helpful set of stuff that matters to all modern web developers.
- net tuts+
- Great tutorials on all things web development.
- A List Apart
- Because this is for people who make websites. A List Apart's been around forever and continues to break barriers.
Programming and technology
- Scott Guthrie
- Because Scott Gu is the Microsoft guy who gives .NET developers all they want.
- Scott Hanselman
- Every aspect of Hanselman's blog is of interest to programmers and tech people. Don't miss Hanselminutes, the podcast!
- Joel on software
- Because Joel's got a unique talent for programming and business, and the ability to share his thoughts. An absolute must.
- Coding Horror
- Because Jeff Atwood is from another planet. He continues to inspire and give you really interesting thoughts on programming.
Social media & marketing
- Mashable's the portal to all social media news worth reading. Pete Cashmore at his finest.
- Seth Godin
- Great thoughts on marketing and business from the oracle Seth Godin. Don't miss this.
- Jesper Åström
- Brilliant posts on social media and SEO - you'll want to read Jesper's blog.