Subscribe

Close

Thank you for visiting!

Please consider subscribing to the RSS feed or following me on Twitter.

How to solve the android.process.acore error

If you get the dreaded android.process.acore error, then you can find the solution here. First: Wipe out all your contacts data. Then restore all your contacts. Just follow the steps below.

This Android OS acore error seems to lie within contacts synchronization going wrong. Because of that we need to clear all contacts (and restore them). This is how to do it:

Step 1 - clearing all contacts information

  1. First of all, make a backup of all your contacts. You can do this easily by downloading ExportContacts from Market, fire up the app and export contacts to a csv file on your phone memory card. To be sure, copy the csv file to your hard drive too.
  2. Then go to Menu -> Settings -> Data synchronization and turn of all synchronization.
  3. Go to Settings -> Applications and tap Manage Applications. The list of applications will now take a while to load. When it's finished, find Contacts Storage, tap Clear data and tap Clear cache.
    Note: all your contacts information will now be wiped out - but you're safe - you've already exported the contacts.
  4. Turn on synchronization again (Menu -> Settings -> Data synchronization).

Step 2 - restore contacts information

Now we just need to restore the contacts information, which is saved in the csv file we created before. We will do this by importing the csv file to Gmail and let Gmail synchronize with the Android phone.

Note: You can import csv files to almost any email program or service, preferably Outlook or Gmail.

  1. Login to your Gmail account -> Go to Contacts -> Click Import (top right corner).
  2. Click Choose File -> Choose your csv file -> Click Import.
  3. Done!

Now it might take a short while (a minute or so) for the phone to synchronize your Gmail contacts. When the synchronization is finished you've got your contacts in Gmail and in the phone - and the initial android.process.acore error is solved!

My experience with HTC Hero

I got this error on a HTC Hero running Android 1.5. The phone was kind of slow at times and I got the acore error at least a dozen times a day. Up until now (June 29th 2010), I haven't heard anything about HTC addressing this issue.

Until further notice, what's suggested here should solve the problem, and let's hope HTC will give us Android 2.1 soon!

Comments

what if you cant do anything becaurse the bug keeps coming op

Sacha, I had the same problem. Try shutting down for 10 secs, it worked for me once i rebooted.

Thank You! Worked on my Fascinate. Second time i got the error last time i was able to correct it some how... this time not so lucky.

i have an xperia x8 and it appears on screen "unexpextyable problem android.acore" and my phone never turns on.i cant go to menu and i cant do anything.if someone knows anything about it...please

I have problem to save contacts

thanks alot..
Halped me...

Write a comment





Or use Twitter to identify


To the top