My favourite Windows tools
I recently bought myself a brand new Solid State Drive and re-installed Windows 7 plus all necessary programs. Here's my compiled list of the tools I can't live without.
Developer tools first
After a clean Windows 7 installation, I download Microsoft's Web Platform Installer, which is really useful for developers. It'll install all the tools necessary for .NET web developmentweb server as well as the latest .NET framework, SQL Server, plus much more if you want it to. Try it out, it'll save you a whole lot of time! Here's a blog post on how to install the .NET development tools you need.
No .NET environment is complete without Visual Studio though. I'm of course sticking with Visual Studio 2010.
Tools that improve my everyday computer usage
- For file archives.
- Great file explorer with dual panes. My explorer of choice since 2007 something.
- Foxit Reader
- Fastest pdf reader ever.
- Copy files faster. Improves speed a lot.
- J.River Media Center
- Music player totally worth the minor cost. Best ever.
- Free and fast Photoshop alternative.
- Watching photo albums.
- For window and multi screen management. I use it solely for the shortcut commands.
- Daemon Tools Lite
- File mounting.
- Ftp client.
- Damn NFO Viewer
- View NFO files.
- Smooth text editor.
- Download torrents.
- VLC Media Player
- Media player of choice.
Tools for collaboration
- Great client for obvious reasons. Calls made simple.
- Windows Live Messenger
- The IM client.
- Google Talk
- Keep track of your mail and Gmail contacts.
- Twitter desktop style.
- Google Chrome
- The one and only. Fast and reliable.
- The best browser for web developers.
Tools from the largest of them all
No comments needed.
Do you have any favourite Windows tools?